Friday, April 20, 2007

DVD case artwork coming along...

I'm working on many aspects of this Music Video DVD, not just the video itself. The "Making Of" story is written up, and I've collected most of the examples and notes I used during creation of the video and music. Now I need to video-tape the "interview" with me, and drive 100 miles up to shoot some video of Ian playing guitar, and add that to the extra footage. I've also been designing the DVD case in PhotoShop. This has required me to go back and render a couple of new angles on the Technoid dance floor to create the background artwork for the DVD case and the printed DVD itself. The front of the case will look something like this (without the "DRAFT" watermark, of course):


and the DVD itself will have this cool top-down view:


Real life enjoys interrupting my creativity, and I tend to be a perfectionist, and I wish to insure that this be a high quality product, so it all takes time. But progress is being made.

No comments: