Saturday, June 16, 2007

I see the runway...

I can feel it... this Technoid DVD project is almost complete! The video shoot for the 12 minute "Behind the Scenes" feature is complete, editing is done, and a final draft of the video is ready for OK'ing... I am very pleased with the results! I show the music-writing software and the 3D computer ray-tracing software I used for this. There's also a very sweet recording of Ian playing a solo piece on his guitar on the DVD... we drove up to his place and set up mics and the video camera, and he gave a very solid performance in the soft light of the living room there.



As always, there are little smirky in-jokes sprinkled through this video... including the meaning of the Japanese sign on the door to the studio.

It took some research and shareware fees to find a good way to capture the Mac screen to show how I write music and create the 3D computer animations... I can heartily recommend iShowU, a very nice Macintosh shareware utility for video-capturing moving screen things.

1 comment:

Gabe McCaslin said...

Hi Drakonis, thanks for your comment on my first post! Will you be posting music here as well as over at MJ?