Saturday, October 13, 2007

On to the next video... Fractal Serenity

My next video project is "Fractal Serenity"... although I started working on it long before the "Dance of the Technoids" video. It is a much more involved and detailed video, with a bit more of a storyline, although the meanings are twisty and mysteriously shrouded in layers of mist. It started as a dream of a vivid but strange set of landscapes, and a feeling of curiosity and fear.

I have finished the story line, and the pencil sketches for each of the scenes. Lately I have been rendering the sketches as 3D landscapes in POV-Ray (3D computer software), to capture the mystery and intrigue I felt when I visited this place before. I have about 1/2 of these video scenes finished. In the mean time, I have selected a few of the scenes from the video (some are close to complete, some are still early shots with stuff missing), and put together a short trailer, so you can get a glimpse of what's coming. Of course the final product will be crystal-clear DVD quality video and music.

The music you hear was originally computer-generated, then I heavily reworked it into what you hear in the trailer.

The final DVD will likely have a behind-the-scenes extra, where I talk about how I made the music and 3D scenes, show some of the early sketches, and play the original computer-generated seed music, to show how much it has evolved.

Here is the trailer, for your viewing pleasure!


-Link Here-

No comments: